I had a Fusion stereo installed on my Egret by the factory. I trusted that they would get everything correct. The wire remote sits on the console at an angle of about 20 degrees. After two and a half years the remote filled up with water and would not work anymore. I sent the remote in to Fusion for the three year warranty. They sent me a replacement at no charge so I think their customer service is great. With the new remote came installation instructions that clearly called for the remote to be at 45 degrees or more. The remote filled with water because Egret did not install it properly. I am working on a small box addition to the console so the remote can be mounted close to vertical as required by the installation instructions. As an ongoing theme, Egret will utilize components outside of the intended use and not follow the manufacturer’s directions.
My Egret has a 36V Minn Kota Ipilot trolling motor. It was been a phenomenal piece of equipment. It has never failed me and has enduring several thousand hours of use at this point. The only problem with the motor was that the Egret factory used screws to secure the trolling motor to the deck. The first time I lightly hit bottom with the trolling motor, there was the terrible crunching sound of fiberglass being ripped up. On my previous Egret I had seen two Minn Kota “unbreakable” trolling motor shafts broken and never any issue with the mount. I was expecting a cracked motor shaft again but when I got back to shore and could inspect in daylight, it was obvious the screws had just pulled out. As typical for Egret there was no sealant applied to the screws, it was just bare metal in fiberglass. I went back and switched out the screws for bolts as should have been done originally.